Enjoying my Sunday afternoon with family and a cool glass of watermelon lemonade! You can NEVER go wrong with fresh, whole fruit juice. It’s always better to make your own juice at home.
Store-bought juices may have you to think that it’s “natural” but in reality it’s loaded with sugar,
preservatives, chemicals and VERY little juice. So, I decided that whenever my family wants
juice, I’ll make it from scratch, plus it tastes AMAZING. So far I have made real apple juice, orange juice and watermelon lemonade juice. What’s next? You’ll have to wait and see!
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water or to taste
- To make simple syrup, combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Cool completely.
- Blend watermelon until smooth. Strain through a mesh strainer. Discard pulp.
- Fill a 2 quart container 1/2 way with ice. Add watermelon juice, lemon juice and simple syrup to taste.
- Top with cold water and serve immediately.